Your garage door does a ton of heavy lifting, raising and lowering multiple times each day. It’s eventually going to have the springs break. All metal parts wear down eventually — it’s a simple fact of nature. And since your garage door springs are subject to the most stress, there’s a strong likelihood that it’s your springs that will break down first.
At King Door Company, we specialize in delivering garage door repair services throughout Kern County, and we’re adept at torsion spring replacement.
Warning! Torsion springs can severely harm you. Do not attempt to repair on your own.
Be sure to call a licensed professional before you attempt broken spring repairs on your garage door.
Signs of a Broken Garage Door Spring
Broken torsion springs may lead to challenges while operating your door, such as jerky movements when opening and closing. They might also seal your garage shut completely, preventing you from getting in or out. Torsion springs can break or malfunction in several ways. When they do, they will offer several signs indicating a need for replacement.
Call King Door today if you notice any of the following:
- Visible damage: If your torsion springs appear unwound, separated or tangled, they are broken.
- Stuck door: Broken springs can prevent you from opening your garage door more than a few inches.
- Door damage: When springs break, they can trigger electronic openers to use more force, bending the door.
- Loud bangs: With so much tension, garage door springs often go out with a bang that’s audible from outside your garage.
- Faster closing: If the garage closes much faster than normal, this unsafe and a strong indication of a broken spring.
- Damaged property: Torsion springs can damage the inside of your garage, your car and any other property when they break.
- Improper operations: Jerky movement, faster-than-normal closing and crooked alignment are all signs of a broken torsion spring.
The King Door Company Garage Door Repair Advantage
Each member of our team is deeply experienced in repairing broken residential garage door springs, as well as broken sectional garage door springs at commercial properties. Most homeowners don’t know how to fix broken garage door springs, which can make for a dangerous situation.
Garage door springs are under massive amounts of tension, and if you don’t know how they work or how to fix them, you could be putting yourself at serious risk. At King Door, we separate you from the danger and deliver all of your complete garage door maintenance and repair needs for the lifetime of your investment.
Garage Door Spring Self-Repair Risks
You could probably go out and get your own garage door spring replacement parts and then find videos online about how to replace broken garage door springs, but watching someone replace a broken garage door spring and doing it yourself are two very different things.
If you try to complete your own DIY torsion spring replacement, you are taking several risks, including:
- Causing serious injury: Finally, and most importantly, fooling around with garage door spring balance could cause something to snap, potentially resulting in serious injury to yourself or others around you.
- Creating more damage: Secondly, there is a good chance that your attempt to replace the spring on your garage door could damage the system, creating an even bigger repair bill than for simple broken spring service.
- Voiding your warranty: First of all, if there’s a warranty, trying to install a replacement spring for the garage door yourself may void it.
It’s much safer and more efficient to let the professionals handle torsion spring replacement. In Bakersfield, replacing garage door springs is one of our specialties. Our highly-trained garage door spring repairmen know how to do the job quickly, safely and correctly. And with our emphasis on customer service, you know that our technician will walk you through every step of the process so you know exactly what you’re getting.
The Benefits of Hiring a Professional When Replacing Garage Door Springs
When you hire the professionals at King Door for your garage door spring replacement, you are taking steps to protect yourself and your family and preserve your home and property. Torsion spring replacement is inherently dangerous. But with 35 years of experience serving the area, our team has the skills and expertise to ensure your repair is complete and your garage door functions as designed.
Hiring a professional from King Door to fix your broken garage door spring offers benefits any homeowner can enjoy, including:
- Safety: Garage doors are heavy, with most weighing over 100 pounds and capable of causing severe injury in the event that they fall during the repair. Torsion springs present a more significant hazard, since they’re under incredible tension and are dangerous for anyone but a professional to work on.
- Experience: As a Clopay® Master Authorized Dealer, you can rely on King Door for prompt and experienced garage door spring replacement. Our technicians are courteous, professional and respectful of your time. We’ll complete your repairs fast and with precision care.
- Equipment: Our technicians arrive on-time with all the correct tools and equipment essential for torsion spring replacement on virtually any residential garage door. With the right tools, we can move fast while ensuring accurate placement and the appropriate amount of tension.
- Confidence: When you hire experts for your broken garage door spring replacement, you can rest assured that your door is safe and operates as intended without risk of injury. We use the correct parts and hardware to match your door and install everything to manufacturer specifications.
- Prevention: During the repair visit, our technicians will inspect your garage door and its components to assess it for damage and wear. If we see any areas of concern, we will let you know your options and how they can impact your door operation.
King Door Company Is Ready to Handle Your Broken Garage Door Springs and All Your Garage Door Repair Needs
Don’t go it alone when you need garage door spring repair — call King Door Company to repair your broken garage door spring in Bakersfield and throughout Kern County.
We provide 24/7 same-day garage door spring replacement that responds to your needs. We know that your garage door spring replacement needs are urgent, and so we move urgently to get your garage door back up and running again. Our technicians can quickly assess your situation and then provide a comprehensive and straightforward garage door spring repair estimate.
And once you decide on the best course of action for your garage and your home, we take care of the work as quickly as possible.
Since 1985, the team at King Door Company has been serving home and business owners, installing new garage doors and assisting with responsive garage door repair and other services — garage door spring repair included. We’re standing by and are ready to help at your home or business.
Call (661) 397-2744 to speak to an expert about broken garage door spring replacement in Bakersfield, CA, and all of Kern County or save time and schedule your service online.