Faux Wood Fiberglass Garage Door
REQUEST AN ESTIMATE FOR A NEW GARAGE DOOR
Are you looking to upgrade your home’s garage door? If you’re like many folks, you love the classic, natural look of wood — wood garage doors have long been a popular choice for homeowners in Bakersfield and throughout Kern County. Typical materials include redwood, Douglas fir and cedar. As an alternative to real wood, you can also choose faux wood garage doors consisting of a steel core with a wood overlay. It’s hard to tell the difference between a high-quality faux wood and a genuine wood garage door.
Should I Get a Wood or a Faux Wood Garage Door?
Having trouble deciding whether a faux wood or wood garage door is the better choice for your home? Evaluation of the following factors can help you make an informed decision:
- Consistent appearance: Although a well-crafted faux wood door will closely match a wood door in visual appeal, not all faux wood products offer the same level of quality. A natural wood garage door will provide a more attractive presentation than a poorly made faux wood door.
- Reliability: Faux wood doors tend to hold up better over time than their wood counterparts. The steel core provides more effective protection against the elements and will resist damage from vehicle collisions. While both types are extremely durable, faux wood doors are more resistant to cracks and moisture.
- Customization: Unlike faux wood doors, natural wood products are typically made to order. The buyer has a greater opportunity to create a product to their specifications. On the downside, homeowners often must wait longer for their door because of the extra time required for customization.
- Maintenance: Faux wood garage doors are easier to maintain than wood doors — they’re less susceptible to rotting as well as damage caused by moisture, insects and the elements. On the other hand, you’ll need to repaint, resand and reseal a wood door every two to three years to keep it in peak condition and extend its lifespan.
- Cost: Factors such as the expense of cedar and redwood and the customization process result in a higher price for wood doors. Faux wood doors are also faster and easier to install, which contributes to a lower upfront cost.
- Resale value: While the purchase price for a natural wood garage door may be higher, you could recoup the cost when the time comes to sell your home. Many buyers prefer genuine wood and are often willing to pay more for a residence with a natural wood garage door.
King Door Company, Inc.: Your One-Stop Source for Wood and Faux Wood Garage Doors in Kern County
King Door carries a wide selection of beautiful wood and faux wood garage doors from Clopay®, known as North America’s #1 residential garage door. Check out our selection at these pages:
Our friendly, knowledgeable staff can also help you determine which type will work best for your home. Feel free to stop by our Bakersfield showroom for a closer look and to meet our team. You can also contact us online to learn more.